Welcome to SharkBBQ, where we specialize in providing high-quality grilling tools and accessories to ensure you become the grill master you were born to be. Our primary product is a unique barbecue grilling tong that can make flipping meat on an outdoor grill easier than ever before. But we don’t just sell grilling tongs – we’re also dedicated to helping our customers become expert grillers. That’s why we’ve put together this article on how to grill the perfect steak. It includes tips, tricks, and all the essential information you need to create a mouthwatering masterpiece. Whether you’re an experienced griller or just starting out, this article will help you achieve steak perfection. Plus, we’ll introduce you to some of our favorite grilling tools and accessories along the way. We also invite you to join our email list so you can stay up to date on all our latest products and promotions. So let’s get started and grill the most delicious steak together!
The Basics of Grilling Steak
Grilling is a popular cooking method for steak because it can add delicious smoky flavors and create a satisfying char on the outside of the meat. This will keep it juicy on the inside. To achieve the perfect grilled steak, it’s critical to start with the right cut of meat and prepare it properly.
Before grilling, you’ll want to choose a high-quality cut of steak that’s at least 1 inch thick. Some popular cuts for grilling include ribeye, sirloin, and New York strip steak. It’s also helpful to let the steak come to room temperature before grilling, which will ensure it cooks more evenly.
When it comes to grilling temperature, it’s recommended to heat the grill to a temperature of around 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit. This high heat will sear the outside of the steak, helping to create a delicious crust, while also locking in the juices.
Tips for Grilling the Perfect Steak
Grilling steaks to perfection is an art that requires practice and patience. Here are some tips to help you grill the perfect steak:
Choose the Right Cut and Prepare it Properly
- Different cuts of steak require different cooking methods. For instance, a tenderloin or ribeye can be grilled quickly over high heat, while a tougher cut like flank steak benefits from marinating and slow cooking.
- Make sure to season the steak generously with salt and pepper, and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
Get the Grill Temperature Right
- The recommended grill temperature for steak is 450°F to 500°F. This high heat will give you a nice sear on the outside while keeping the inside juicy.
- You can achieve the desired temperature by preheating your grill for at least 10 minutes and adjusting the burners or coals as needed.
Grill the Steak like a Pro
- Sear the steak on one side for 3-4 minutes without moving it, then flip it and sear the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes. This produces evenly cooked meat that is juicy and tender.
- If you prefer meat on the rare to medium-rare side, turn the meat every 30-60 seconds. Keep moving it to a different area on the grill. This is our favorite method and produces steak with a beautifully charred crust while still very red on the inside
- For a rare steak, aim for an internal temperature of 125°F; for medium-rare, 130°F; for medium, 135°F; and for medium-well, 145°F.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, and avoid cutting into the steak to prevent juices from escaping.
Make it Tender and Flavorful
- Consider marinating the steak with your favorite flavors before grilling. You can also use a dry rub to enhance the flavor and add a little extra crust
- Our favorite method is to add a healthy serving of pink rock salt and let it rest for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Black pepper adds one of the most delicious flavors to steak. A very hot grill could burn the pepper and leave a bitter taste. To maximize the flavor, add freshly ground black pepper just before the steak is ready to remove from the grill
- Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute and avoid a dry steak.
- Use our SharkBBQ grilling tongs to get a good grip and flip and move the steak with ease, without damaging the meat.
- “Always season the meat with salt and pepper right before it goes on the grill.” – Gordon Ramsay
- “I let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before serving, which ensures the meat is juicy and tender.” – Chef Michael Symon
Using the Right Tools for the Job
When it comes to grilling, having the right tools can make all the difference. Using high-quality grilling utensils and tools not only ensures a more efficient and enjoyable grilling experience but can also affect the outcome of your dish.
That’s why it’s worthwhile to invest in the highest quality grilling tools and accessories you can find, such as the ones we offer here. In addition to our SharkBBQ grilling tools, there is a wide variety of other grilling accessories and tools that will make your grilling life easier.
Whether you’re looking for a grill brush, spatula, or meat thermometer, it’s crucial to choose tools that are durable, easy to use, and can withstand high heat.
Maintaining Your Grill and Accessories
When it comes to grilling, taking care of your grill and accessories is just as critical as selecting the right ingredients and cooking techniques. Proper maintenance of your grill and accessories can help improve their longevity and ensure they perform optimally for every grilling session.
Regular cleaning and inspection are crucial to keeping your grill in perfect working condition. Before and after each use, clean the grill grates, burners, and other parts with a grill brush or scraper to remove food debris and prevent buildup. Regular inspections can also help identify parts that need repair or replacement, preventing further damage.
Using protective covers will help extend the life of your grill. Covers can protect your grill from outdoor elements such as rain, snow, and UV rays, which can cause rust and corrosion. Additionally, covers can help keep your grill clean and reduce the number of cleanings needed.
Investing in high-quality grill supplies and cleaning tools can also make a significant difference in maintaining your grill and accessories. A grill brush or scraper will help keep your grates clean and prevent rust buildup, while a drip pan catches grease and prevents flare-ups.
Grilling the perfect steak requires more than just throwing a piece of meat on a grill. It involves careful preparation, precise cooking temperatures, and the right tools for the job. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this article, readers can achieve a tender, flavorful steak that will be the highlight of any barbecue.
Invest in high-quality grilling utensils and accessories to ensure the most effective results. SharkBBQ offers a variety of essential grilling tools, including our patented grilling tongs, to help make your grilling experience easier and more enjoyable.
Maintenance is also crucial for optimal performance and longevity. Regular cleaning and inspections and using protective covers will extend the life of your grill and accessories. Consider investing in grill brushes and scrapers to keep your grill grates in pristine condition.
Don’t forget to join the SharkBBQ email list for exclusive access to new products, discounts, and promotions. Happy grilling!